Spend the Day With Your Extended Family
With Kokoro Kai, you can take a break from caregiving. Your loved one can remain active and engaged, expand his/her social contacts, and possibly improve brain health, even if memory issues and/or declining mobility have reduced your loved one’s zest for life.
Safe and social surroundings
Participants form close social bonds with their peers in English and Japanese, surprise their families and our staff with their hidden talents, and develop new skills through creative projects. They eagerly await their next Kokoro Kai day and often enjoy renewed enthusiasm and purpose.
• 3 days a week, 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)
• Engaging activities and excercise
• Conversation over a hearty meal
• Bilingual (Japanese/English) staff, volunteers, and programming
• Respite for seniors and their families
• Transportation to and from your home, depending on your location
Seniors who live alone or stay at home all day are welcome to spend time full of heartfelt interaction and participate in activities for the mind and body.